Tim Neave




What a great weekend, round 1 of the Thundersport GB championship at Brand Hatch, and thankfully the weather was on our side and we missed the rain!
It was my first race weekend in the Sportman Elite stock 600 class, and I didn't know who I'd get on. I exceeded my own expectations in qualifying, finishing 5th (49.212) behind Tom (49.059).
This gave me some good confidence for race 1, starting on the second row of the grid. I made a poor start and lost a few places into turn one, but over the race I made my way back up 7th (4th in class).
Race 2, I started from grid 7, after 6 laps the race was restarted due to an incident. I made a better start, and finished 6th in the race (3th in class), my first podium, with a time of 49.066 - I really wasn't expecting this result in my first weekend on a 600!
Race 3, I finished 8th (6th in class), a great battle through out the race, but I tired towards the end losing time - I'm going to work on more fitness before the next race.
Overall a great weekend, with some solid results, plenty to take away from the weekend and loads more to work on before round 2 at Donington Park in April.
The weekend before we was at the Dublin Motorcycle and Scooter show in Ireland, doing Flat Track demonstration races. A great opportunity to perform and show off our sponsors to the huge crowds.
Today we had a couple of hours off work to ride some flat track with Leon Haslam and Sam and Alex Lowes which was awesome, as part of a feature in the new MCN Sport Magazine.
I'm out on the road racer again this weekend, still not decided where, but I'll let you know how I get on!
Kind Regards,
Tim